School Development Program
Objective of this program is
- To look at the school as a whole ecosystem,
- Formulate Vision, Mission and Values
- Derive long term and short term goals
- Review operational processes to achieve goals
- Improve staff skills
- Derive lesson plans to take Vision & Values in classes
This happens through the process of
Discover -> Design -> Delivery.
This phase involves building a Design Solution based on the discovery. Design is based on the following key criterion:
- Desired outcome - which is usually driven from Vision & Values defined for School. In case
vision is not bought by team members it is suggested to conduct Vision and Value workshop as well.
- People involved - Journey mapping & Empathy maps created during discovery phase proves
to be significant input to understand human capital in the development process.
Solution is designed based on motivation of teachers, driving factor of parents, management
expectation with keeping student learning at center.
- Process - this is another important aspect of school as process in school may get drive by
Govt. policies, Education Board, Infrastructure available, local public mindset. During interviews with Sr. Management in Discovery information on these aspects is gathered to build right solution.
This is an iterative process, design process goes though round of reviews with stakeholders before it finally gets approved. Final design would usually include various elements of Awareness Workshops for different audience, Coaching, Coach training, and/or Consulting.
This is a phase where actual delivery starts happening, Important activities here involved are:
- Creation of baseline assessment to understand current state (below pic.)
- Conduct interventions designed and approved.
- Have governance meetings so that periodic review of program is regularly conducted.
It involved understanding key parts of whole school viz. Infrastructure, Process, Look & Feel, Vision, Values, Support Staff, Teachers, Students, Parents, School Management, Govt. Compliance etc. Then, help Schools build their Long term and Short term goals inculcate the goals within that ecosystem and make it as one mission for growth and success.
Often seen that most obvious problem on surface is usually a consequence of some deeper issues to be solved. Discovery goes through process of
understanding all the stakeholders and their needs. Using Design Thinking process to build journey mapping of Parents, Students and teachers.
Creating Empathy Maps for Director (right pic.), Principal and Management of School, Finally come up with one single problem statement that needs to be addressed. This process helps people involved in discovery to become more aware of their Desired state, and Current State. Output of this phase feeds into the phase of design.